Thursday, March 20, 2008

funny little happenings around here this week...

#87,234,245 reason I love my husband...

Last night, as I was getting ready for our "date night", Max decided that he just couldn't wait for the restaurant. So, he let me know that he was going to make himself a "snack". I shouted "fine" from the bathroom, and also let him know that we were going to do the "activity" part of the date first then get food. Well this idea must have sent pure panic through his man brain. Thinking "crap, I'm not going to get food for a few more hours? I better stock up now while I can, I may die before we ever get to the restaurant". Now I don't know about you, but a snack to me is a hand full of something...a hand full...if it fits in your hand it is safe to be called a snack I'd say. But, if you have to combine ingredients, put them on a plate, and warm them I would consider this a meal. Well, apparently this is a snack in Max's book. Not only did he make a "meal" but, guess what he made......Bologna tacos....THREE!!! Have you ever heard of bologna tacos?? Yeah, me either, well not at least until last night. I think they would be very popular with the type II diabetes category. How you make them...Get your bologna, then get two-three spoon fulls of mashed potatoes (including butter & cheese), then roll them up and put them in the microwave for about 30 seconds and enjoy. Gotta love the way a mans brain works!!

Next, not really funny, more sad really....

I had my first doctors apt. today. I went in with the confidence that #1 I was pregnant, and #2 I was eight weeks along. Any one who has had kids knows that the first trimester is pure hell, well mine has been no exception. I was happy to be at the eight week mark because this meant that I only had four more weeks to go until the second trimester....Well, the nurse did confirm that there was a baby in the tummy. But then the doctor did a internal ultrasound and said that I'm only six weeks along. Damn it all to hell....That means that I have six more weeks until the second trimester??? Dear Lord help me!!!


And last, my son's a ladies man and your daughter's a whore....

Since day one Conner has gotten a lot, and I mean a lot of attention from the ladies. And he loves every minute of it, returning the "oh, what a cutie" with a big hug for every stranger we come in contact with. Well, today at the gym was no exception. Usually when we go to the gym we get stopped by women who look like they should be playmates of the year. All of the big haired blonds with fake breasts know my son by name, and each get a big hug and slobbery kiss when we see them. Today Conner had two girls fighting over him in the kids gym area. These girls were not pin-up material, well not yet anyway, they were only 2 years old maybe one day... As I was walking into the kids area after my work-out to get my little guy I see two little girls with a death grip around my sons shoulders and waist. Each of the pigtail wearing monsters were pulling in opposite directions and yelling "it's my turn, it's my turn". Are you kidding me??? People get control of your daughters, boys have gotten a lot of slack in the past as the ones who get the Innocent girl into trouble, but I know the truth...girls are whores right from the start, so tell them to keep their hands off my son!!!

2 comments:

The Home Owners said...

Sounds like Dustin and Max could make a clog-an-artery cookbook. Need I remind you of Dustin's famous "Hot Dog Chicken" or his "Mustard Pasta". Gag. And I get teased that I can't cook?

Abbie said...

HAHAHHA I'll send Olivia the memo-PLAY HARD TO GET WITH CONNER.

Oh Meg, I'm so sorry about the not-as-far-as-you-thought news :(
Thats exactly what happened to me!! grrrr.....

You seem to be really sick with this one...might it be a girl??!

I miss and love you sweet friend :)