Friday, February 22, 2008

For those of you who know me, know that I’m a scrapbooking junky!!! I love every bit of it, the smell of new stickers, creating a one of a kind piece of art, and the fact that it is my “escape” from being a mom and wife.

What you may not know is that a few months ago my husband put me on a scrapn’ allowance. He glanced at my checkbook one day and realized that I was spending hundreds of dollars a months on supplies. OOPS!! It is like and addiction, I would go shopping and sneak things into the house so he would not see my new stuff, I would get cash back at the grocery store so it looked like I was buying groceries…I was in bad shape, I’m surprised my family didn’t do an intervention and send me to scrap rehab!!

Hi, I’m Megan and I’ve been clean now for three months!! I have suck to my allowance and not bought any extra supplies to sneak into the house.

All of my hard work and time being “rehabilitated” is going to fly right out the window next weekend. Scrapbook convention is coming to town and I’m going to go crazy shopping!!!! I have been saving up my allowance for a few months, but I have a feeling that I will not be able to stop once that money is gone. Please pray for me to have strength!!

1 comment:

The Home Owners said...

Suggestion: go in with a list of items that you MUST have, prioritized by need/want factor and price. Get those first and then allow yourself to get HYSTERICAL over all that sweet scrapin' stuff. Just sayin' because I am actually not allowed in The Container Store unless I have 1 item to purchase and I have a chaperone. I am 28 years old and I have to have a chaperone in The Container Store. It isn't pretty.