Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I’m not sure what happened to my sweet baby boy, but he has gone missing lately. He has been replaced with a two year old with attitude, and a very specific taste in clothes.

He has pretty much decided that if his clothes do not have a cartoon character on them then he is not and will not, wear them or have any part of them. And if you try to tell him that pajamas are not ok to wear to the park in the middle of the day, he will throw a fit until you decide, like him, that pajamas are a perfectly great outfit choice.

All my life I have seen children in stores with batman capes paired with a cowboy hat and to top it off with swim trunks. I looked at these children with disgust and glared at their parents thinking to my self, “do you have any good parenting skills? Who lets their child out of the house in that?”
I have now come to the realization that I will be that parent who gets funny looks because my son is in a Halloween costume in the middle of July. I’m ok with this now and I realize that holding hands while crossing the street is worth fighting over, while making him the most fashionable one the playground is not.

1 comment:

Abbie said...

And Liv runs around in Mommys lingerie in the middle of winter. We choose our battles my friend, we choose our battles...