Friday, April 11, 2008

OK, I have a confession to make. For those of you who know me really really well this will not be much of a surprise, but for those of you who think you know me will find out that you may not know me as well as you thought...

I have not scrapbooked in a month. No, that is not the BIG confession, it is my confession that in turn made me unable to scrap.

In order to explain I must give all of the facts here. It all started back in ninth grade at North Valley High School in the senior locker bay...I had my first "chew". You know, "chew", the stuff hicks put in their lip then periodically spit thick black crap out of their mouth. At my school many people chewed (or dipped) even the cheerleaders. My dippn' habit started out just for the buzz, but then the buzz was gone but I still did it for some reason. In college I dipped at least two times a day for about four hours each time. I never needed the chew, like a smoker need a cigarette every hour. Nope, my chewing habit was strictly for specific occasions. I found that chew helped me concentrate on studying, helped me focus when playing super Nintendo, kept me awake on long car tips home to Grants Pass, and also helped me relax when I painted my nails.

Well after college my chewing habit was pretty much gone since I no longer needed to study. I would have one maybe once a month. But, about six months before I became pregnant with Conner I got really into scrapbooking. I had to have my drug of choice while doing my craft of choice. Obviously, though, once I found out that I was pregnant with Conner I stopped chewing, which also made my scrapbooking stop.

After Conner was born I did not start the habit back up for a LONG time, I mean seriously, what mom chews???? But then about nine months ago I started scrapbooking again, and you guessed it I had to have the chew to help me focus. Now that I am again with child I had to stop both of addictions.

I really want to get caught up on my books before this baby is born. So, I looked to the wonderful world of baseball for inspiration....I got my self a bag of sunflower seeds, some new scrapn' supplies and I'm hoping it will work!!!

I truly hope that there will never be another "dip" in my mouth, and I can have amazing scrapbooks!!!!

2 comments:

Abbie said...

grooossss! :) Megan, I will punch you in the face if you ever do it again. Just because I love you to the moon and back. :)

The Home Owners said...

Whoa. YOU CHEW??? Who ARE you? Just when you think you know someone... then they go and chew! Tee-hee! I love that you divulged your secret. It is freeing, isn't it? I hope, for scappins' sake, that you can get back to it without the aid of our lil' friend, Kodiak. It is going on 4 years since my last chew and I never miss it until I am around you. We can get through this... I promise. Love ya!