Monday, January 28, 2008

The uneventful turned eventful

Today was uneventful in the grand scheme of things. Hung out at home in the morning with Conner until Max got home from court. Then took off to meet up with Lesley for pedicures! It was so great to have a few hours with a favorite girlfriend just being myself again. I think this happens to most moms, I swore up and down that it wouldn't happen to me, you loose a sense of "self". You become so wrapped up in your children that you forget who you are at the core. Today Lesley and I talked about some of the dumb things that we did back in college and how it is amazing that we didn't end up on the back of a milk carton. Now I'm not saying that I would ever choose to go back to those crazy college days, but I do so very much enjoy being able to have time with out a kiddo on my hip and be able to have some adult conversation!

When I arrived home Max greeted me with a "did you talk to Abby"? Now I know that this could mean only one thing...."SHE'S PREGNANT. ISN'T SHE" I yelled out instantly. "Oh, just call her" Max replied back with a slight smirk on his baby face that can tell no lie. So, I dialed her number like my life depended on it to get the news....sure enough, there will be an little Budd added to the world come Octoberish. Now While I am so very happy for the two of them, they make beautiful babies and I always encourage people to bring more beautiful people into the world, I am a little jealous. Max and I have been trying to get pregnant for a few months now, and this is the second friend of ours who has gotten pregnant before us. The first couple is having twins...Lucky! I know that it will happen for us when it is meant to and blah, blah, blah....But still a little jealous. I guess I will just have to baby-sit for them to get my baby fix, and in the process decide that I don't want any more kids!!

I hope to finish up a scrapbook page or two for my college album tonight. here is the one I'm currently working on:


and I got this one done last night:




by for now!

1 comment:

Abbie said...

Thanks for the shout out meggie-poo!

Your time will come-blah blah blah. hahah just had to say it.

ohhh kiss those beautiful toes for me, I'm so jealous!

Speaking of jealous-heelllooo scrapbook pages?? LOVE THEM!