Friday, February 08, 2008

So, the flowers were nice and they lifted me out of my “funk” for about 5 seconds…I think it is all of this crappy weather that has me in such a down mood. I’m going first thing in the morning to buy some tans. Hope that will lift my spirits a little!

Once a week at our house is “try a new recipe” night. In the past the recipe is something that I have found on line, or gotten from a friend. I started this mini tradition because I know how much Max loves food and he quickly gets bored with the same food. But about a month before Christmas I went on a cooking strike, for reason to deep to go into….Lets just call it POW…(pissed of wife). So, while POW was in full action there was no meals cooked in my house. NOT ONE. The hubby noticed quickly that there was a POW in action and blah, blah, blah…..long story short matters were resolved. For Christmas Max got me a cookbook and I promised to make every meal in the book in 2008. The book is by Paula Deen, if you don’t know her she is amazing, and Max vows that if I ever die he will hunt her down and marry her even though she is old enough to be his grandma. She is on the food network, and she doesn’t screw around with low fat stuff like that Rachel Ray, or Galendla or what ever her name is. Nope Paula really knows the way to a mans heart…through butter!!! A few weeks ago I made a three-layer cake that called for eight Milky Way bars and FOUR, yes FOUR sticks of butter!!! I guess my other resolution for 2008, lose weight, is not going to pan out!!!

Well tonight I made Baked cheese spread for an appetizer; shrimp and rice croquettes with aioli for the main dish, Mashed potato bake for the side, and cherry cream cheese pie for dessert. YUM!!! I only allowed my self a bite of each though, there is something about seeing what goes into these, while so very tasty, unbelievably fattening dishes you tend to not want to eat them any longer. They just don’t have the appeal they did, now that you know there is three cups of mayo and a stick of butter and a brick of cheese in that cheese spread!! Um, yeah, my butt doesn’t need all that!
Here is a picture of the shrimp and rice croquettes! Bon appetite!

1 comment:

Abbie said...

Oh snap sister friend!! Way to go!!
I can't believe if you died he wouldn't want to marry ME?! Doesn't he know that I can make a MEAN box of mac n cheese?? sheesh....